Sunday, March 24, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted! Monday Link Up Party & Liberty Pillow

The wonderful Beth from Plum and June invited me to host her Let's Get Acquainted Party. I knew it would be a fun way to meet people and visit with friends. 


I have a broad range of "likes" in the world of quilting, including everything from modern to very traditional. I'm drawn to bright, cheerful fabrics in my own sewing and you'll usually spot some white fabric in just about everything I make! Miss Luella was a favorite aunt and I named my green featherweight after her. Every featherweight needs an old-fashioned name! 


My most recent finish is a pillow sewn with Liberty fabrics. It typifies my love of brights and whites!


 I used Quiltville's String Block pattern. Bonnie has the most wonderful list of free patterns and they can be adapted in so many ways!

While I had the opportunity I thought I'd sneak in a favorite of mine. My little Birdie painting is by Gina McKinnis of Dishy Art

It makes me smile!
I buy tulips from Trader Joe's. It bears repeating that the simplest of things bring the most joy.


Now it's your turn!

1. Link up any recent sewing/quilting post.
2. In your post or on your blog, please include either a text link or a button letting people know about this link up.
3. Visit at least the two bloggers who link up before you and everyone who visits you from this post.
4. When the link asks for your name, tell me (in a word or two) one of your simple joys! 

Thanks so much for joining me.
Deborah xxx



40 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your Liberty pillow is gorgeous Deborah!

Katy Cameron said...

I always wondered about the name! Loving the Liberty cushion :o)

Cardygirl said...

Love that pillow!

Beth said...

That is a beautiful pillow! Thanks for hosting.

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Beautiful!

Flying Blind... said...

I adore that cushion!
I will link up tomorrow with a special finish xxx

Annabella said...

I love Liberty too and your pillow is gorgeous!!

Kirsten said...

Your pillow cover is so beautiful - love the Liberty fabrics!

Maria said...

Love your pillow it's beautiful. I've just linked up to your Let's Get Acquainted link up party but for got to add a word or two with my name so I'd thought I'd mention it here. One of my simple joys!!!Sewing in peace and quiet

Laura C @ littleandlots said...

I am a Liberty fan too, and my jaw dropped when I saw your pillow! So gorgeous. A very worthy use of some very special fabrics. Thank you for hosting this week. I love when the party hops around, so I can visit new "places."

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Lovely pillow! The white really makes the colours pop!

Karen M said...

I love that pillow. I also love Bonnie Hunter. We have a lot in common. Thanks for hosting the Link Up.

{Pink Stitches} said...

Stunning pillow!!!

maria said...

I love the pillow too, such cheerful colours. Will link up tomorrow as time for bed now!

LYNN said...

The pillow is lovely! Linking up from Plum & June.

Izzy said...

Beautiful pillow. Love the colours.

Deborah said...

Really gorgeous pillow - I love it!

Julie said...

LOVE love love your tulips!

Carla said...

CUTE pillow! I'm a big fan of Bonnie's patterns as well!

Lisa said...

Oh the pilllow, the pillow!!!! It's fantastic, the colours are singing to me! One of my simple joys is reading in the hammock under the big old tree in our backyard.

Anna said...

I love the pillow! It is so pretty!

Maria Wallin said...

What a lovely pillow!

Angela Bullard said...

Gorgeous pillow! And I love the little bird canvas, too cute! Thanks for hosting this week's link up.

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love your cushion!

Bev said...

Love your blog. Thanks for hosting the linkup this week! You are such a sweetie! Awesome that you included Gina's little bird picture. We love your pillow! You are so talented!

Cheery wave!
Bev

Martha said...

I love, love your Liberty pillow. It is gorgeous!

gina mckinnis said...

Thank you so very much for mentioning my painting!! I'm so glad you're enjoying it. You have been so very lovely and I SO appreciate it!! xoxo

Deb @ PlainStitch said...

Love the liberty and the simple pleasure of a bunch of tulips to remind myself spring will come! My simple pleasures are sunshine and sewing, ideally together!

Marit said...

I always love your bright and colorful projects! And yes, tulips are a lovely sign of spring:)

Helen Philipps said...

Such a colourful and cheerful post, Deborah! I really love your beautiful Liberty cushion...such a gorgeous way to use those sweet prints!
Wishing you a wonderful week.
Helen x

jan said...

Deborah! Love the pillow , love the birdie and love the tulips!! I have a featherweight named Topsie after my Aunt! I am sewing my Back to School With Pam Kitty civil War quilt with her! Thanks for the link up - I am new to the blog world but have been following your blog for awhile! Have a great day!
Jan

QuiltCandy said...

Oh wow I just love the Liberty pillow! And I always love your fabric choices. So fresh, and bright and modern. I love all your work :-)

Janine said...

Gorgeous cushion :)

spolgarquilts said...

I love your Liberty pillow! Wish I could get my hands on that fabulous fabric!!!

Celine said...

I love Liberty's fabrics. Your pillow is gorgeous, well done!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I don't sew or quilt but do love looking at pretty fabrics and seeing what others create. :) Have a great day. Tammy

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Thank you so very much Deb! I appreciate you stopping by to visit and leaving the nice comment! Have a wonderful Easter.
Hugs,
Julie

Rachaeldaisy said...

Lovely to get to know you a bit more. Love your latest pillow!!

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Good morning Deborah!...I love your pillow using the Liberty fabrics..it's beautiful!
Happy Easter Wishes to you and your family,
Susan x

Barbina said...

Your pillow is looking amazing Deborah!
Have a wonderful and happy Easter!!!

Copyright - Simply Miss Luella 2012. Powered by Blogger.